SUNY College at Geneseo Sep 2011 - May 2015
Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
Minors in mathematics and biomathematics.
Torch Apr 2018 - Present
Lead a team of 3 backend engineers in the development of a B2B leadership development platform for
high-growth companies. This includes the management of senior level engineers and the mentoring of junior
- Creation a uniform onboarding process to make it easier for new employees to join our organization and be
productive as quickly as possible. This includes the creation of manager README files, the pairing of new
employees and "onboarding buddies", and a the outlining of the onboarding process.
As Torch's first engineer, I created of an pseudo-infinitely scalable serverless SaaS platform using the Serverless framework, AWS Lambda
(Python 3, Flask, SQLAlchemy), and PostgreSQL.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of greenfield development including PoCs, third-party API integrations, and production-quality data products.
- Creation and enforcement of development standards including testing, style, and the code-review process.
- Implemented the creation of multiple AWS systems, including RDS databases, S3 buckets, VPCs, and Elasticache clusters.
Infrastructure templates were created using Formica, and orchestration was performed via CloudFormation.
- Creation and maintenance of database schemas using Alembic.
- Creation of a CI/CD process using CircleCI. This included both test execution and deployment for all environments and development systems.
Delaware North CompaniesJan 2016 - Apr 2018
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of highly-scalable data integration, ETL, and data storage storage
systems for Delaware North’s enterprise-wide data engineering initiative.
- Developed a massively-parallel serverless ETL system that can handle over 2,000 records per second.
- Creation a fully automated data validation system that finds and corrects errors at over 50,000 records per minute.
- Spearheaded the design and creation of a fully parameterized framework to deploy Redshift data warehouses storing
analytically-relevant subsets of Delaware North’s enterprise-wide data platform.
- Performed research exploring applications of computer vision, voice recognition, conversational AI, and IoT devices
in the hospitality industry and developer ergonomics.
OmniSeq, LLC Jun 2015 - Jan 2016
- Designed and implemented RESTful APIs and web applications for laboratory information systems, clinical report management, and medical informatics. These systems operated in a highly regulated environment and passed FDA and CLIA approvals for HIPPA and 21 CFR part 11.
- Developed new functionality for an internal Clinical Laboratory Information Management Systems (C-LIMS). This included sample management, navigating molecular diagnostics protocols, and research and development tools.
- Cultivated effective engineering and accountable quality assurance testing in a highly regulated industry.
Amazon Web Services
Certified DeveloperMay 2017 - May 2019
Certification verification code 7CZK4WECKB14Q4SY
Biomathematics Innovations Group Sep 2012 - May 2015
Projects: Statistical genomics, infectious disease epidemiology, computer vision, and game theory.
Methodologies: Text-mining, pattern recognition, computer vision, spatial statistics, agent-based modeling, deterministic modeling, graph theory, and ordinary differential equation models.
Assisted over 20 student researchers in their ecological, statistical, and epidemiological research projects. This includes advising in experimental design, data collection and analysis, and training in the use of R and SAS.
Moderating a weekly journal club in which students present their research progress for community collaboration.
University of Rochester Jun 2016 - Sep 2016
The Grossfield Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry
Project: Application of Markov State Models in the Statistical Analysis of Molecular Dynamics Simulations.
Methodologies: Markov models and processes, eigenanalysis, stochastic simulations, all-atom molecular dynamics simulations and massively-parallel high-performance computing.
Outreach and Education
Python Buffalo Jun 2017 - Present
Active participant in growing and enabling the Buffalo Python community, and presenter of multiple presentations.
Technical Reviewer Jun 2015 - Apr 2016
Reviewer for the books Mastering RStudio: Develop, Communicate, and Collaborate with R by Julian Hillebrand and Maximillian H. Nierhoff, and Unsupervised Learning with R by Erik Rodriguez Pacheco.