SUNY College at Geneseo Sep 2011 - May 2015
Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
Minors in mathematics and biomathematics.
Torch Apr 2018 - Present
Lead a team of 3 full-stack engineers in the development of a leadership development platform
Creation of an pseudo-infinitely scalable serverless SaaS platform using the Serverless framework, AWS Lambda
(Python 3, Flask, SQLAlchemy), and PostgreSQL
Delaware North CompaniesJan 2016 - Apr 2018
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of highly-scalable data integration, ETL, and data storage storage
systems for Delaware North’s enterprise-wide data engineering initiative.
- Developed a massively-parallel serverless ETL system that can handle over 2,000 records per second.
- Creation a fully automated data validation system that finds and corrects errors at over 50,000 records per minute.
- Spearheaded the design and creation of a fully parameterized framework to deploy Redshift data warehouses storing
analytically-relevant subsets of Delaware North’s enterprise-wide data platform.
- Performed research exploring applications of computer vision, voice recognition, conversational AI, and IoT devices
in the hospitality industry and developer ergonomics.
OmniSeq, LLC Jun 2015 - Jan 2016
- Designed and implemented RESTful APIs and web applications for laboratory information systems, clinical report management, and medical informatics. These systems operated in a highly regulated environment and passed FDA and CLIA approvals for HIPPA and 21 CFR part 11.
- Developed new functionality for an internal Clinical Laboratory Information Management Systems (C-LIMS). This included sample management, navigating molecular diagnostics protocols, and research and development tools.
- Cultivated effective engineering and accountable quality assurance testing in a highly regulated industry.
Amazon Web Services
Certified DeveloperMay 2017 - May 2019
Certification verification code 7CZK4WECKB14Q4SY
Yager NA. Web Scraping For Good: How to be a good citizen in the data scraping community. Python Buffalo. Sep 20, 2017. Buffalo, New York, USA
Yager NA, Taylor M. European Flight Restrictions May Inhibit International Propagation of Ebola. Ninth Annual GREAT Day. Apr 21, 2015. Geneseo, New York, USA.
Yager NA, Taylor M, Hartvigsen T. Applications of Machine Learning in Traffic Analysis. Fourth Annual Joint Conference of the Upstate Chapters of the American Statistical Association. Apr 10-11, 2015. Geneseo, New York, USA.
Yager NA, Taylor M. Epidemiology of the Airways: Using World Airplane Flight Paths to Simulate the Spread of Disease. Eighth Annual GREAT Day. Apr 8, 2014. Geneseo, New York, USA.
Ingrassia D, Yager NA, Taylor M. Modeling the Spread and Potential Control of One of the World's Most Common Viruses: the Epstein Barr Virus. Eight Annual GREAT Day. Apr 8, 2014. Geneseo, New York, USA.
Yager NA, Taylor M. Estimating Epulopiscium Chromosome Density Using Computer Vision. Ninth Annual GREAT Day. Apr 21, 2015. Geneseo, New York, USA.
Yager NA, Taylor M. A Computational Model for the Flight-Based Propagation of Ebola. COPLAC Northeast Regional URSCA Conference. Oct 7-8, 2014. Keene, New Hampshire, USA.
Biomathematics Innovations Group Sep 2012 - May 2015
Projects: Statistical genomics, infectious disease epidemiology, computer vision, and game theory.
Methodologies: Text-mining, pattern recognition, computer vision, spatial statistics, agent-based modeling, deterministic modeling, graph theory, and ordinary differential equation models.
Assisted over 20 student researchers in their ecological, statistical, and epidemiological research projects. This includes advising in experimental design, data collection and analysis, and training in the use of R and SAS.
Moderating a weekly journal club in which students present their research progress for community collaboration.
University of Rochester Jun 2016 - Sep 2016
The Grossfield Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry
Project: Application of Markov State Models in the Statistical Analysis of Molecular Dynamics Simulations.
Methodologies: Markov models and processes, eigenanalysis, stochastic simulations, all-atom molecular dynamics simulations and massively-parallel high-performance computing.
Honors and Awards
President's Award for ExcellenceApr 2015
Awarded at the SUNY College at Geneseo Ninth Annual GREAT Day for excellence in academic research.
UP-Stat Data CompetitionApr 2015
Awarded at the Fourth Annual Joint Conference of the Upstate Chapters of the American Statistical Association.
Beta Beta BetaApr 2013
Biology Honor Society
Outreach and Education
Python Buffalo Jun 2017 - Present
Active participant in growing and enabling the Buffalo Python community, and presenter of multiple presentations.
Technical Reviewer Jun 2015 - Apr 2016
Reviewer for the books Mastering RStudio: Develop, Communicate, and Collaborate with R by Julian Hillebrand and Maximillian H. Nierhoff, and Unsupervised Learning with R by Erik Rodriguez Pacheco.